Garage doors can malfunction for various reasons, such as making noise, moving at a slower pace, or appearing uneven. If you encounter such issues, there are multiple DIY solutions that you can try. Here is a list of common garage door problems and how to fix them:
1. Trouble Opening or Closing
- Test the door balance by manually turning off the power and lifting the door. If it stays in place, it is balanced and functional.
- Check the fuse; contact a professional for further assistance if it’s not working.
2. Blocked Sensors
- Check for any obstacles blocking the signal between the remote and the garage door.
- Ensure that the antenna is clean and in the correct position.
3. Broken Springs
- Replace your springs when they reach their maximum cycle limit to avoid damage to your vehicle or injuries to yourself.
- If the springs snap when the door is not in use, don’t try to open the door, as it can cause harm.
4. Roller Issues
- Lubricate your rollers and replace them if necessary.
- Please keep track of when your rollers are coming up at the end of their lifespan.
5. Dying Opener
- Troubleshoot the issue by checking the batteries and clearing the path of your antenna.
- If you’re still having problems, update and replace your opener with the help of a professional.
6. Unusual Noises
- Identify the noise and related issues, such as loose chains, rust, or broken springs.
- Contact a garage door technician if unsure about the sound or where it originated.
7. Uneven Door
- Check for obstacles, rust, and appropriate settings in your manual.
- Contact a professional if the problem lies in the spring system.
8. Slow Opening
- Examine your rollers and tracks, and keep them well-lubricated.
- Plan to give your system regular maintenance at least twice a year.
9. Transmitter Problems
- Test the transmitter inside your garage, and replace the batteries if necessary.
- Ensure that the batteries are facing the correct direction.
10. Keypad Not Synced
- Check the batteries, and refer to the manual for syncing instructions.
- Call your manufacturer for more information if the problem continues.
If you still have issues after attempting these solutions, contact a professional for reliable and efficient repair services. Precision Overhead Garage Door Service provides top-quality doors and workmanship to ensure your garage serves you promptly and safely.